Our aim is that when children leave Byron at the end of Year 6 they:
- Understand how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Engage in a range of physical activities to support their health and fitness.
- Build and shape their character through effective team work and communication skills.
- Develop key sporting values to allow them to be positive, active members of their community.
- Be physically confident in a way that supports their health and fitness and helps them to maintain high levels of self-esteem and develop social skills.
- Have a good understanding of mental wellbeing and a desire to succeed.
Our PE Curriculum
Years 1 and 2
Years 3 and 4
Years 5 and 6
Overview and Progression Guidance