Welcome to our website. Mabuhay! Maligayang pagbisita sa aming websayt. ഞങ്ങളുടെ വെബ്സ്സൈടിലെയ്ക് സ്വാഗതം. Sveikintinas į mūsų svetainę. ہماری ویب سائٹ پر خوش آمید Üdvözöljük honlapunkon. Bun venit la site-ul nostru.
An academy as part of The Westbrook Trust
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination.
We hope that you will find the site easy to navigate (by clicking one of the titles on the long blue pencil or choosing one of the items from the drop down menus) and that you can quickly find the information that you require. A lot of time and effort has gone in to making this as useful and informative as possible, however, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Smith or Mrs England at the school office if there is anything else you require.
Although this site gives a 'flavour' of what we are like at Byron Primary School we more than welcome visits to the school so that the supportive and friendly ethos that we all work hard to create can be experienced first hand.
Any information on this website may be requested in paper form. This will be provided free of charge.
We are sorry but it is not possible to use Twitter to report your child's absence!
The form below can be used to tell us about an appointment or to ask a question. Please ensure you give us as much information as possible.
This school operates a No Smoking and No Vaping Policy on the whole site, including for visitors and parents.
For up-to-date news, please see our weekly newsletter which can be found on the communications page of this website and follow us on Twitter @byronschool.
Some additional news items are located here.
Themed Lunch Menu
There will be a special themed lunch menu on Thursday 5th October. Options for that day can be found here.
Year 5 - Secondary Transfer (September 2018)
The slides used in the presentation to parents on Monday 12th June can be seen by clicking here.
School Lunch Menu
The latest school lunch menu can be accessed by clicking here. School Meals are free for children in Year R, 1 and 2. They are £1.85 per day in Years 3-6.
Home Packed Lunch Guidance
The government have produce guidelines for packed lunches brought to school from home. We have amended these to remove the mention of nuts owing to a number of severe nut allergies in our school population.
The guidelines are:
- One portion of fruit and one portion of vegetable or salad every day to be included in packed lunches
- Meat, fish or another source of non-dairy protein should be included every day. Non dairy sources of protein include lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus and falafel
- An oily fish, such as salmon, should be included at least once every three weeks
- A starchy food, such as bread or pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other cereals, should be included every day
- A dairy food, such as semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard should be included every day
- Include only water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, yoghurt or milk drinks and smoothies
- Snacks such as crisps should not be included. Instead, include seeds, vegetables and fruit (with no added salt, sugar or fat). Savoury crackers or breadsticks served with fruit, vegetables or dairy food are also a good choice
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets should not be included. Cakes and biscuits are allowed but these should be part of a balanced meal
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies corned meat and sausages / chipolatas should be included only occasionally
Year 6 Residential - November 2017
A copy of the slides from the meeting about the Snowdonia trip (November 2017) can been found here.
You can contact Byron Primary School at the following address or on these numbers. Alternatively you may email the school office or leave a message on the contact form opposite.
Head Teacher: Mr Jon Carthy
Byron Primary School
Kent, ME7 5XX
Tel: 01634 852981
Fax: 01634 577886
Trust Website: http://www.thewestbrooktrust.org.uk/
Site Manager: Mr Ken Bangs (07903011737)
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mr Jon Carthy
If you are unable to access information on the website because you do not have any IT provision, please contact the school office.