Welcome to our website. Mabuhay! Maligayang pagbisita sa aming websayt. ഞങ്ങളുടെ വെബ്സ്സൈടിലെയ്ക് സ്വാഗതം. Sveikintinas į mūsų svetainę. ہماری ویب سائٹ پر خوش آمید Üdvözöljük honlapunkon. Bun venit la site-ul nostru.
An academy as part of The Westbrook Trust
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, achieving equal opportunities and combating discrimination.
We hope that you will find the site easy to navigate (by clicking one of the titles on the long blue pencil or choosing one of the items from the drop down menus) and that you can quickly find the information that you require. A lot of time and effort has gone in to making this as useful and informative as possible, however, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Smith or Mr Atkins at the school office if there is anything else you require.
Although this site gives a 'flavour' of what we are like at Byron Primary School we more than welcome visits to the school so that the supportive and friendly ethos that we all work hard to create can be experienced first hand.
Any information on this website may be requested in paper form. This will be provided free of charge.
We are sorry but it is not possible to use Twitter to report your child's absence!
The form below can be used to tell us about an appointment or to ask a question. Please ensure you give us as much information as possible.
This school operates a No Smoking and No Vaping Policy on the whole site, including for visitors and parents.
For up-to-date news, please see our weekly newsletter which can be found on the communications page of this website and follow us on Twitter @byronschool.
Some additional news items are located here.
It is far easier to support your child's reading at home than you think. You do not have to have read the book yourself. Click here for some key questions you can ask your child to check their understanding of what they have read and promote discussion about reading in the family home.
6R Facts from their Anti-Bullying Assembly
6R presented their class assembly to parents on Wednesday 22nd November. The theme was anti-bullying. Here are some key facts from that assembly:
- Shockingly, we discovered that, 81% of young people from around the world experience name calling and 50% of people around the world are bullied because of their appearance.
- Over 8500 children every year call Child line
- Bullying can make you feel depressed, anxious, isolated, withdrawn, humiliated, low, Upset, Angry and frustrated.
- Children who are being bullied often skip school
- The best ways to help prevent and stop bullying from happening, include: Support your friends, Tell adults when you see bullying happening, Don’t copy bullying behaviour, walk away and remember the positives.
Children in Year R, 1 and 2 receive a free piece of fruit or vegetable every school day through the School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme (SFVS), administered by the Department of Health.
For Junior aged children we follow guidelines set out by the national school food plan.
Children are allowed the following food for their break time snack
- Snacking vegetables such as carrots
- Cracker based snacks such as Mini Cheddars or Dunkers
- Rice Cakes
- Fruit bars (no nuts)
- Cereal bars (no nuts)
- A small sandwich (separate to any packed lunch items)
- Any other packet snack with a saturated fat content no higher than 10%
You can contact Byron Primary School at the following address or on these numbers. Alternatively you may email the school office or leave a message on the contact form opposite.
Head Teacher: Mr Jon Carthy
Byron Primary School
Kent, ME7 5XX
Tel: 01634 852981
Trust Website: http://www.thewestbrooktrust.org.uk/
Mr Ken Bangs (07903 011737)
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Mr Jon Carthy
Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Mrs Steph England (01634 844152) or email@example.com
If you are unable to access information on the website because you do not have any IT provision, please contact the school office.