Primary School Sports and PE Funding
The government provided additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2017 to improve
This funding - provided jointly by the Departments
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
sportcompetitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on
after schoolsports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
For the academic year we have been awarded £20,410.
Click here to see how we plan to spend this money
For the 2018/19 Academic
Please click on the link below to see how we spent this money and the impact it has had.
68% of Year 6 pupils were able to swim 25 metres.
29% of Year 6 pupils can swim 25m, use a range of stokes effectively and can perform safe self-rescue in different water based situations.